Friday, November 15, 2013

Wonderful is channeling Wonder Woman to make a bad day better.

Wonder Woman for the "Y" Shape


Who is more iconic than Wonder Woman? For me, the only one that stacks up beside her is Xena. I have a crazy yen for tough ladies who like men but don't really need them to make themselves happy. We are sticking to the Red, Blue, and Gold theme for the most part here. No white, mostly because I dislike the white stars on her Uniform. Wonder Woman is Greek, why the hell does she wear an American Flag for a uniform? Okay, okay, I know the answer to that. I've read the original comics, I've read the interviews with the creator in regards to the time, his love life, and how much more badass women are than men in his opinion. Still, I can continue to wrinkle my nose in distaste every time I see a Greek woman wearing what is basically a sexy American Flag.

So, getting off my soap box for a moment, let's get to the meat of things, shall we? I love to put together things that I would wear had I the ability or body. It's no different now. Skinny trousers are best when wearing boots, at least if you plan to tuck the pants into the boots, and wearing pants is nice in the Autumn months because we start getting wind and rain and it can get a bit nippy. Add a jacket and a scarf and you get to be warm, comfortable, and cute.

I fell in love with this top, which is of a style that you can pull off with wide shoulders or narrow shoulders, and gives a nice nod to the corseted figure of Diana Troy. It also looks good tucked in or left out. Since we are doing narrow legged trousers at work, add a belt. It just classes up the outfit. Also, since it's Wonder Woman, make sure the belt is gold. It is a surprising accent color paired with the bold primary shades of the rest of the outfit and adds oomph to the outfit.

The jacket is a steal, as far as I'm concerned. It's a fleece, zippered hoodie in bright lipstick red. It is amazing. I love the shape, the details, the high neck and large hood, and how cozy it looks. Plus, with an $11 price tag, it's pretty much perfect. Usually I put together outfits that add curves or lighten them. This one I put together with my sister in mind. She is tall, lean, with long legs and wide shoulders. This outfit would look amazing on her, unlike me. We are very different Y shaped ladies. I'm busty with a gut and short legs, she's got a butt, extra long legs, and no boobs. It happens. So this one is for her, because as much as I wish I could rock that shirt, I'd have to put all kinds of darts and pleats to make it flattering and at that point it's just going to make the ladies look bigger and the ensemble will slip into the Lewd category. It's sad, but it happens.

Keep your makeup simple. Red lips, nude-pink shadows, and then leave your hair loose. Match it with your favorite knee high boots (flats for my Sister, because she already has crazy long limbs) and a pair of awesome Wonder Woman earrings that will eventually make their way into my jewelry box, and you have your Wonder Woman ensemble for the Y Shape!

Wonder Woman for the Pear Shape


So, again, one of my very favorite characters is Wonder Woman. She's powerful, she's beautiful, and she is happy going her own direction. As far as I am concerned she is one of the greatest heroes ever created. Though, admittedly, I'm extremely bias. Plus, jet black hair? Hell yeah! Eventually I will cosplay the most epic Wonder Woman of all time (in my head, I'm sure) because I refuse to wear any more wigs and I have really long, really curly, really dark hair. I stand out in a family of redheads, tanner than they are as well as having darker hair. Of course tan to them is still white to the rest of the world, which can be quite amusing.

ANYWHO! On to the clothing! I love this top (as I'm sure you've noticed since I might have mentioned it before...) The top and the scarf are really what inspired the outfits, plus I think the earrings are adorable. The top wouldn't look quite right on busty ladies, but it is lovely on those graced with a "C" or smaller. I love the illusion of the sweetheart corset, but it keeps it from looking too trashy by going with black lace rather than tan or red. Honestly, though, if the lace was red I wouldn't find it anywhere near as adorable as I do.

I paired it with a blazer, (keep it classy in the work place, ladies!) both for added warmth in the office and because I am just a fan of blazers in general.I chose a blazer that was nicely fitted and stops at the top of the hips. It is a style that goes well with skirts and pants alike, and is extremely flattering for a pear shaped woman (who isn't too busty.) I paired it with a skirt this time (because for some reason it struck me as very Linda Carter - don't ask.) that stops above the knee. I cannot stress enough how important it is not to wear a skirt that cuts off just below the knee. A loose skirt cut off just below the knee shortens your legs and makes them look thicker than they are. Don't do it! Do not wear that length!

For shoes I went with pumps, lipstick red, because I love beautiful shoes and heels make your legs look longer and slimmer. Who doesn't want long, slim legs? I know I do. My legs are kinda stubby, it's very upsetting. Keep your makeup up nude-pink and a bit shimmery (I have that eye shadow compact - it's perfect for every day) and throw on some cuff bracelets and pretend they are gauntlets when people are irritating you. Pin on some earrings, leave your hair loose, and remember to walk with confidence; You'll look even better than you usually do! You are powerful! Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment