Sunday, February 1, 2015

To Survive, The Hunted Must Become The Huntress

Strength, defiance, and femininity. Those are the three things that I believe Huntress embodies, and sometimes we need a bit of that in our day to day lives.

Helena loves her body, and you should too. Take your strengths and showcase them, then take your weaknesses and use them as a strength. Sometimes that last part is hard, but you can surprise yourself for the better. Just give it a try. For me, my weaknesses involve a love of desserts that always end up right in my belly. It's a fight to be "normal" size for me and I often fluctuate. A lot of women I know do, so today I Huntress in two outfits that will withstand the gain and loss of a few (or more, let's be honest with ourselves) pounds.

Huntress for the "Y" Plus shape


If you have ready any iteration of Huntress (and there are quite a few) than you know that Helena Bertinelli (or Wayne) is all about confidence. She cares, sometimes too much, and she doesn't always react in ways that the rest of the bat family may approve of, but she usually follows her heart, and I love that about her. Then again I love when she gets sassy and snarky, as well.

I like to dress strong when I'm having a bad day and I think that Huntress is good for that. The skater dress is loose and comfortable with an elastic waist and a mesh top. I like the peter pan collar illusion necklace and when the two are placed together, it gives a sweetness that is almost mocking and it intrigues me. Purple tights are fun (I have tights in all kinds of patterns and colors, they give some pop to black dresses) and add interest, drawing notice to your legs. Y shaped ladies need more attention drown down to the legs since we don't have hips. To give the legs an extra boost I paired them with some cute little booties. Heels can be what makes or breaks short legs. I have short legs so I really like the illusion cutouts because they make your legs seems longer than they are.

One white belt to draw notice to your waist, because the skirt is fuller and hides that you have no hips. On top of that I found a really fun blazer. I love blazers, they spruce up most outfits. The trick to it is making sure it fits you properly across the shoulders, the bust, and the waist. Ladies, I feel for you if you are not a standard measurement. I, myself, am not a standard measurement so I understand. This one is cropped, which is a must if you are pairing it with a flared skirt. We don't want our efforts undone by a long jacket that mashes the skirt to our sides.

Since the little crosses on the peter pan collar are gold I went with all gold jewelry. I'm not a huge fan of mixing precious metals because it seems tacky and overdone to me most of the time. So gold for Huntress, a simple cuff, an arrow ring, and little stud crosses for the ears. A nice purple leather purse, though you could go black. Everyone should own a black purse. Keep your makeup simple. A little gray smudging at the eyes, some perky pink lips to keep it trendy, and pull your hair away from your face. You are good to go.

Huntress for the Y shape


Now, I know I preach about staying away from pencil skirts if you are lacking in the hip department, however I really think that this skirt is more of a faux wrap than a true pencil skirt. On top of that I added a pseudo peplum top that is a bit long and will help mask the hiplessness that some of us suffer. Make sure the skirt comes to just above or just below your knee. Just above if you have shorter legs, it'll help them look longer. Again, purple tights. They are fun, feisty, and add color to help keep you from looking too emo. Again I went with booties, I have a mad love for them because they look good on just about everyone.

I kept the jewelry gold. I like the way it pops against the lilac and black. Dangling cross earring,s a couple of rings, no bracelets this time. The blazer has a peplum styled bottom and the top has a lace overlay, adding too much jewelry will make the outfit seem overly busy and it will detract from the overall look. Remember to pull your hair back from your face and keep your makeup neat and clean. A bit of a cats eye and some berry lips and will make your features pop without looking overdone.

Makeup is a key component to an outfit and I feel like a lot of people don't understand how it can detract. Often dolling your eyes up too much during the day makes you look like you are wearing ten times more makeup than you actually are. Just like lining your eyes all the way around with black actually makes your eyes look smaller, not larger. Not all makeup styles look good on every person, either. My sister wears eyeliner on just her lower lid, which works for her. When I try that I look silly. Our eyes and faces are shaped differently, just like our bodies, and makeup is just as important as your outfit. So keep that in mind and experiment a little, have fun with it.

Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the only opinion that matters is your own.
Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment